Once a year, for youth group we've been doing a lock in, opening up the church too the regular youth kids and then sending flyers out with the kids to get as many kids as we can. Last night was the lock in, and o' boy was it a long night! 7:30 pm to 7:30 am, everyone was locked in the church for 12 hours, there was a ton of food, not enough pop and 76 kids plus 13 adults. It's was such a good night, the kids played games and got to know each other a bit and then Andrew did a devotional about what God has done for us; dying on the cross, the torture he endured and the power He had to make all of it stop, but He did itfor us it was very emotional but he did so good. We got to talk to a girl about her childhood and how hard it has been for her, we were able to pray with her and hopefully continue a relationship with her.
We continued the night and played laser tag, a game called never have I ever, which was so fun and then a game for the kids to get to know us a little better.
As I look back on my New Year's Eve, it was probably the most different thing I have done, usually we are with family or with friend playing games or traveling but it was such a God filled night that I wouldn't trade it for anything, I just pray that we were able to plant some seeds and kids will come to know Christ.

No comments:
Post a Comment