Christ's word is true yesterday, today, tomorrow and forever. Isn't that so encouraging!!?? His marriage counseling is flawless and He helps us every step of the way!
Be Friends
Proverbs 18:24
A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
I am assuming that most of you married ladies got to know you husbands first as a friend and then has a boyfriend. You hung out together more casually, just had a good time and slowly began to share things with one another that helped your relationship grow into a husband/wife best friendship.
Keep being friends. Keep Sharing things with one another, get to know the intimate details, the things no one knows. Confide in one another, be each other's confidants
Have fun. Laugh!
Job 8:21
He will fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy
The memories I have of Andrew and I laughing as hard as we can, till we are almost in tears are some of my favorite times! When are being silly, having fun, and simply filled with joy, it is truly amazing! Have a good time together, don't be afraid to be a little goofy, laughter is so good for you!
Be Respectful
Ephesians 5:33
However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife but respect her husband
I understand that us wives have our own opinions and we might not agree with our husbands at every discussion, but we much also understand that we need to respect them! God has given us so much grace and mercy so intern we should also give our husbands the grace, mercy and respect that they deserve!
Don't Be a Nelly Nag
Proverbs 21:29
It is better to live in a desert land than with a quarrelsome and fretful wife.
Alright ladies lets think about that verse for a second. God is literally telling a man that if his wife is a nag that its better to live in a scorching hot, dry land full of scorpions and other deadly critters than share a home with a woman who is never satisfied and is always trying to do things her way!
That's not a good thing.
Ill be the first one to admit I nag, I get frustrated and want Andrew to do the things I am asking him to do in the manner that I do them! SELFISH WOMAN! We cant change our men and frankly it isn't our place to do so! God can only change them and that's if there is something to change (an attitude, an issue that God sees as a place that needs to be worked on or more God like)
So we need to love and pray for our husbands and pray that He will take our wrong attitudes out of our lives too.
Build up
1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one anther and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
Maybe you are married to a man who likes looking in the mirror or walks by a store front window and watches himself as he goes by...I am in fact married to this man! But I have learned quickly that even though he likes the way he looks, he really does need to know that I think he looks good too. Not only looks but does good at a softball game, or spoke really well at youth group or looked good picking corn! I know it seems dumb that a man who knows he is good at sports needs to know his wife thinks so too, but he really does! He needs to know you are his #1 fan!
Appreciate you Spouse
Ephesians 1:16
I have not stopped giving thanks for you, and remembering you in my prayers
Its so easy to become negative and think only about the ways your husband need to improve. I wrote a post not too long ago Your husband is awesome even when he doesn't seem awesome. I think its so good to focus on the things that you are grateful for that your husband does and letting him know that can go along ways!
So we need to love and pray for our husbands and pray that He will take our wrong attitudes out of our lives too.
Build up
1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one anther and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
Maybe you are married to a man who likes looking in the mirror or walks by a store front window and watches himself as he goes by...I am in fact married to this man! But I have learned quickly that even though he likes the way he looks, he really does need to know that I think he looks good too. Not only looks but does good at a softball game, or spoke really well at youth group or looked good picking corn! I know it seems dumb that a man who knows he is good at sports needs to know his wife thinks so too, but he really does! He needs to know you are his #1 fan!
Appreciate you Spouse
Ephesians 1:16
I have not stopped giving thanks for you, and remembering you in my prayers
Its so easy to become negative and think only about the ways your husband need to improve. I wrote a post not too long ago Your husband is awesome even when he doesn't seem awesome. I think its so good to focus on the things that you are grateful for that your husband does and letting him know that can go along ways!
Serving without Expectations
1 Corinthians 13:5
Love is not self seeking
Somedays it is really hard to get up ad do things for your spouse, without wanting something in return! I did something for you so you do something for me. Marriage is not an ultimatum by any means. Love shouldn't be for selfish gain.
Communication
Ephesians 4:29
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
My mother always says communication is one of the most important things in a marriage. I totally agree I think the lack of communication causes more divorce than we can imagine. It can make or break you and your husband. Be honest and truthful, ALWAYS open and fully prepare for him to do the same. We should always be in an open conversation with the Lord, I think He finds it very important as well.
Read Together
Ps 119:105
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path
Read your bible together, study together and grow together. We want to learn more about Christ and grow in Him as one- invest in our marriage as Christ as the center! I really encourage us and other couples to read AND discuss it together
Pray
1 Thessalonians 5:16
Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus
Prayer is one of the most meaningful and powerful things that you can do for you marriage. Jesus tells us that when we gather in His name he will be there also. I want to be a praying wife, I want to pray for my husband and for my family. I want to pray for the Lord's guidance I my life and in my life.
I know that it can be really awkward if you and your spouse haven't prayed together but prayer is powerful! You beer your soul right out in the open for your husband to know.
All these things are great but none of it matters if you...or I don't do it either. Its definitely a two way street. All this doesn't mean anything if we don't have Jesus as our savior and we are not striving for a Christ centered life.
Andrew and I have a good relationship, I mean we've only been married 5 months but my prayer is when the going gets rough, I will listen to some of my own advice and Andrew and I can lean on God in prayer and reading our bible.
Communication
Ephesians 4:29
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
My mother always says communication is one of the most important things in a marriage. I totally agree I think the lack of communication causes more divorce than we can imagine. It can make or break you and your husband. Be honest and truthful, ALWAYS open and fully prepare for him to do the same. We should always be in an open conversation with the Lord, I think He finds it very important as well.
Read Together
Ps 119:105
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path
Read your bible together, study together and grow together. We want to learn more about Christ and grow in Him as one- invest in our marriage as Christ as the center! I really encourage us and other couples to read AND discuss it together
Pray
1 Thessalonians 5:16
Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus
Prayer is one of the most meaningful and powerful things that you can do for you marriage. Jesus tells us that when we gather in His name he will be there also. I want to be a praying wife, I want to pray for my husband and for my family. I want to pray for the Lord's guidance I my life and in my life.
I know that it can be really awkward if you and your spouse haven't prayed together but prayer is powerful! You beer your soul right out in the open for your husband to know.
All these things are great but none of it matters if you...or I don't do it either. Its definitely a two way street. All this doesn't mean anything if we don't have Jesus as our savior and we are not striving for a Christ centered life.
Andrew and I have a good relationship, I mean we've only been married 5 months but my prayer is when the going gets rough, I will listen to some of my own advice and Andrew and I can lean on God in prayer and reading our bible.
No comments:
Post a Comment