9.25.2013

A time for change

When I got married I thought that my past would just disappear, POOF! Just like Andrew was this perfect man who made all of the things I regret go away, I'm having my wake up call that Andrew can't and won't make anything disappear and what ever the issue is will hang out with me until I really and truly give it to The Lord and move passed it.

No, my baggage isn't a huge trunk but it is a little tote. Emotional baggage can be just as damaging as anything. I was young, too young to start dating. And definatly too inmature to stand up for what I believe or even myself for that matter.

We are starting to bible study, "Not a Fan" for our Sunday school class. The gist of it is am I a fan or a follower of Jesus? And I can honestly say I was a full on fan of Jesus in high school, but now I Am an in progress follower. 

I liked the idea of believing in God, having a faith to share, stories to tell....nothing truly heart changing. Until about two years ago. 

I decided to be baptized again...for reasons God and I know, but when I decided it was time, I prayed that God would take my "tote" and go through it with me and remove the struggles that I was holding onto. And that's what He's been doing. "We're a team, me and God" is such a great song by Josh Turner. 

I never thought that what I chose to do in high school would affect me now....let's face it we all thought we were invincible, we all just did dumb things at one point or another, but now it's what I do about what I did. My husband is right, I can't keep dwelling on it by myself, I have to get out of my pit and give it ALL to God and continue involving my loving husband in the process. 

I know I'm not the only one who was dumb at a young age...I'm sure a lot of you reading this have been in my shoes....I hope. But I assure you all, it's one of the most amazing feelings when you stop trying to fix it all by yourself and really spend time in prayer about it, day after day. Things do to Ustinov go away, and the enemy enjoys it when you struggle with sometng your trying to work on. 

Let the LORD work on your heart.

It's not easy.
It's not fun.
It's only so worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment