10.11.2013

Sweet girl





This morning it was cold and blustery. It rained all night long, it was a beautiful sound when it tapped on our roof.

When I woke up I was feeling a little selfish. Andrew is still looking for a job, which is something that is very important for us right now. But in the midst of my "pity me" attitude I had to stop and be a little blunt with myself. Sometimes as Christians we really need that smack on the cheek moment. For me it was realizing that God has provided me with the income to provide what we NEED- not what we want right now. He's given us food and shelter and school for Andrew and great friends and family! He's provided us with the ability to can food, to have skills to make it through. 

He doesn't leave us in the dark without a flash light. 

Ok, you may be wondering if I believe that God leaves us in the dark. In a sense  yes. What I mean is that we are always taught that God will provide and he won't do anything that upsets us. Or so we think. We have this thought that God won't let anything bad happen to us because he's a loving God. The loving God part is 100% correct but the bad things happening thing, they will happen. Sometimes because of our own free will to choose for ourselves and sometimes God let things happen to teach us things; like to fall on him, pray continually, trust him, obey him... The list could go on. 

He has a plan for our lives, he says it's to prosper, to give us a hope and a future not to harm us at all. That's one of my favorite verses. It's one that I have to practice and pray to believe it all the time. But when I apply it to my life and my prayer life it's amazing what the results are. 

We all have our own struggles, or vices. I feel like maybe spending a little less time pointing at others for their faults and more time being on our knees about our struggles would be so good for all of us. I know I need it. The "that would never happen to me" or "I wouldn't do that" comments tend to "Gibs slap" us in the back of the head. 

So as I'm sitting on the couch with my sweet niece sleeping on me, I thank God for the life He has given me. For my purpose to be here, in the place I am in. For the opportunities he allows us to go through and the love He has for us and shows us daily in so many was. Even in the dark times, there Is always a glimpse of Gods grace and mercy shining on us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment