My man, all tuckered out and Tuffy.
We were in Colorado for the weekend, a longer weekend than usual. We are going to church tomorrow at Kersey and from there we will go back home.
But in the midst of the hustle and bustle that I am trying to desperately to not fall into, I love taking these weekends and regrouping with Andrew. It was great to just sit on the couch last night and talk.
No tv.
No phones.
No laundry.
No interruptions.
Simply taking time to check in with one another.
I believe it is so important to share your heart with your spouse, but this is something that has a fine line. There is what should be between you and God. Then there is what you share with your hubby. It's how you share it, being respectful. Loving. Honest. And taking it to The Lord before your husband, that way your heart has pure motives, no excess dramatic manipulation, no bashing on.
I'm not saying this as if i have all the answers to marriage....Bahahaha. No.
I'm saying this because this is something that I am learning still, that every woman and man will have to deal with till the day they die. I mostly just want to share things that have been laid on my heart, things that I think other wives are dealing with too.
It's so hard to slow down and play catch up with your husband...it's a little discouraging too. I get to mad at myself when I don't use my time wisely with Andrew, asking questions, making that small time together in between school and work special. I get easily frustrated, a little over dramatic and sometimes I disrespect Andrew. None of these things I wake up in the morning and say to myself, "I think I'm going to start an argument with Andrew today and make him feel bad."
But if i am not super careful about checking my attitude and where my heart is at, 9 times out of 10 I end up doing exactly that....
Being, "that wife"
(Trust me no one really wants that label)
What helps me is having my quiet time. Spending even 20 min puts doing a devotion, reading the word and spending time in prayer will change my whole day. My mind isn't on me, I'm as not selfish, frustrated, tired and I always seem to get more done.
Once again, no I don't do a devotion everyday....but by the end of that day I am really regretting not just taking the time to do it.
So even though tomorrow is Sunday and you'll be going to church, get up a little earlier, grab some coffee and start your morning with The Lord


No comments:
Post a Comment