Tonight I am home alone, my hubby is working late, so at I am sitting here on our couch eating yummy popcorn....I have so much potential to feel sorry for myself....
But then I think....God has provided so much for us. Andrew's job, my job, the financial assurance that He will provide, a warm home, families who care so much for us.
Everyone is doing the count down of thankfulness on Facebook...I kind of missed that boat, but I will sum it all up tonight.
1.
When I was 4 I asked Jesus into my heart, it was at my Grammy's back yard Bible club, we talked about salvation and the gospel, how Jesus was born from a virgin girl grew up just like me and at the age of 33 his father gave him up, he was hung on a cross for our sins. He took ever single person in this world, who let him into their heard and life and give their whole hearts to him. I am totally me completely not worthy of his sacrifice, I wasn't when I was 4 and the worst thing I did was something like biting my brother and I am still not worthy of him now. But nonetheless he loves me with his whole heart too. I am so thankful for the greatest sacrifice and gift I have ever been given.
2.
In the last 8 months of marriage I have had so much doubt, doubt that we won't be able to pay bills or some new financial thing will come up. If I was being super honest with myself I would simply say that I have a hard time trusting God when it comes to this stuff. But if i would just slow down and take the time to FULLY give my fears to God then I wouldn't freak out so quickly. When I do worry about it I except there to be a solution ASAP when in reality God has his own time, and my clock and his clock are different most of the time. So I am sooooo thankful for Gods provision and protection. He takes such good care of us when we don't even see it.
3.
When I met Andrew I was young (sophomore) he was sweet, caring and boy was he a smooth talker cause by my junior year I was in love! It took us about 6 years to get to the point where we were ready to be together, but when we did it was wonderful! We had a lot of ups and downs in the years and even now, but I wouldn't change any of those days, we have learned so much about each other and how to work through those times. So I am so thankful for the great times and the not so great times! God has green us up so much, and grown us together!
4.
So I have an issue...it's called a lack of patients and kindness and mercy. I am pretty opinionated and pretty straight forward. I am so thankful for being shown mercy and grace even when I didn't deserve it.
5.
This world can seem so ugly and get me down so fast, but if you take five minutes and look around and actually see the beauty of the earth, not just, "oh cool it's raining" but really feel it, smell it, listen to it, see the affect that it has on the earth. The flowers, the thousands of different kinds that cover the earth. I am so thankful for the colors that cover the dry desolate ground, the intricate details that God put in to motion, how he orchestrated everything!
6.
I am so thankful for my husband, for all he does for me and for us, he is working so hard to finish school and work and spend time with me. He has so much love for his family, not only me but his parents and his brother and sister in law and our niece, and my family, I love watching him work side by side with my dad. I love him so much
We have all had our fair share of struggles...no one can say that their lives are easy or perfect or they haven't had some kind of struggle. But even with pain and sorrow, guilt and fear, we have HOPE!! There ar so many things to be thankful for this month...but why does the list only get written in November or December? I am guilty of this too, but I really want to challenge all of us to think about God's gifts to us in January and June.
So tomorrow when you are sitting around the table sharing stories and laughs, share what your thankful for...share your heart, not just what sounds easy. Be real with your family, be open and have a great THANKSGIVING day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment