We painted the bathroom completely and then part of the living room and the cupboards in the kitchen too. Dad and Andrew cut down trees that were too close to the house and it helped the house a lot.
In the photo of the bathroom the walls don't look that bad, but in person, looking in the mirror your face has a tint of lavender. It was everywhere! I felt like Violet Rutherford from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory! So we painted the majority of the walls back to white and then one wall we painted this really pretty teal-y color. It ended up matching the tile linoleum perfectly!
This is our bedroom...and it's about the same as the bathroom, no contrasting color, so we will be working on this room this week, hopefully it will be done by Thursday.
This is the living room/dining room. Which will probably become the dining room fully. It's not very big and we have a lot of stuff to put in our new home. The wall that we are looking at, we painted but we still need to paint the rest of the walls.
I don't know about you married people but was it a shock to live in a house right after you got married that you and your husband had to works on? Or have a place that was a little iffy? It is the weirdest thing, and kind of nerve racking! You're just praying that no furry creature will cuddle with you in the middle of the night! (Besides the puppy)
But really, my mom and I were talking about where to put the table, the kitchen will be too snug and the living room will be too small for both couches and table and tv. When we were living with our parents and browning up, we were spoiled, we always had a separate area for the table, it was always pretty with windows and curtains but was still close enough to the kitchen too.
Mom said she grew up with the washer and dryer in where the table was. I haven't had to fix up my own place, or budget in things like this before. We remodeled when I was really young and then built a home my junior year but once again, I wasn't apart of the money side or the planning side. I was the moving/cleaning crew.
I do have to say, even though I'm not really used to the new home rearranging yet, I do love the fact that we are letting God carry us right now, we know we couldn't do life alone and who would want to, so He carries us. And I also love the fact that Andrew and I are working side by side together, agreeing, disagreeing, the whole bit thrills me!
I can't wait to be in your new home, I will have the real before and after photos soon, but want the satisfaction of being done and being able to call it our home.

I see what you did with the title there, well played :).
ReplyDelete