I do love Christmas. I love the cold weather: I love it when I can be inside cuddled under blankets drinking hot chocolate, staying night and warm! I love how everyone talks about Jesus' birth and how awesome He is. Everyone seems more thankful and happy around this time of year. I love seeing the lights up around town and the nativity scene on our shelf that Andrew started for me last year. I love remembering when I was younger, mom and I would make Christmas goodies that would last long passed new years!
Its so fun finding gifts for the people that I love, things that match their personalities. I love making traditions plans with Andrew for how we are going to celebrate Jesus' birth, combining things that our families did and making up our own.
I do have to be sensitive to people who don't see this as the happiest time of year. It can be very hard on the heart, for people who have lost loved ones, who are alone; who don't have a family to celebrate with, or traditions. It can be hard for people who don't have the hope that the little baby gave us as our Christmas gift so long ago. I feel sad sometimes for these people.

We got our Christmas cards in the mail today as well as some encouraging card from my parents which was so nice, almost better than our first year Christmas card. They are addressed and all ready to be sent out! This year we are going a bit simple on the gifts, gifts from the heart, things that will help us...not random crap that will be put in a box after new years and forgotten about.
"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.
Isaiah 7:14
No comments:
Post a Comment