This week has been nuts but there is a lot to praise the Lord for! Some times I forget to do that; Praise the Lord. He deserves it, but I just lose track of things and forget. So to help me not forget I have been reading Psalm daily and everyday I look for something to thank Jesus for. Its been so good for me!
Starting at the beginning of the week, I had an interview at Shopko and by the end of the week Andrew and I are watching Jonah, Brittnay and Joe's little boy because they had their baby girl!!! I have a job at a place I didn't even know existed...its just so overwhelmingly great!!
Taking care of Jonah the past 24 hours makes me admire and respect moms so much! Whether they are working moms or stay at home! It takes a lot of time and effort, patients and love, and flexibility of so many people! Yesterday we had Jonah all day so he came to my interview with me! Luckily the boss had just had a little girl not too long ago so he didn't mind at all! After the interview we ran around and got groceries and then went to the hospital to see Joe and Brittnay. Getting Jonah out of the care seat, his coat back on and his hat. Making sure he didn't need his diaper changed, he was hungry so I had to feed him...Whew!
Its a great lesson! Now when I see moms in Wal-Mart with multiple kids, my hat goes off to her! One child was enough for me! It makes me think of a few Bible verses a bit different:
Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."
Even Proverbs 31: not just having a child but being a wife and a mom:
"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future. She opens her mouth in wisdom and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and bless her; her husband also, and he praises her saying, 'Many daughters have done nobly, but you excel them all."
It had been very rewarding even in the midst of trying to get his pants on him and the yogurt into his mouth, when he looks at me and just laughs! (he may be laughing at me, but oh well!)
So thank you mothers! And my mom (and dad)! It means so much to me to know how much hard work was put into raising us!
No comments:
Post a Comment