2.09.2015

My little advice

So I have been a mom for just about 4 months, and I have to be honest; it is nothing like baby sitting! I remember when I was little I would always think that I could be a mom based on my baby sitting skills, yes, on occasion it does show some capability, but it is very different.

First off I wasn't baby sitting 24/7 with raging hormones and lack of sleep that continues for pretty much forever.

But that is the amazing part of being a mom, I am learning Easton's cries; their meaning, his needs at a particular time of day, and everyday is somewhat different. He will have symptoms of teething one day and then the next there won't be a thing. So who knows? 

So here are something's I have learned since becoming a mom. And these aren't exclusively for moms only, there are hubby things and simple heads up things!!

1. That dear sweet mom who is trying to try on clothes with a new born crying in the stall next you, pray for her, she just wants to shop and get something done and for her baby to just take a nap. She can't help it so enjoy your shopping time or lend a hand for a few minutes. She'll appreciate it..or she'll look at you and cry with appreciation. 

2. Dads: there are times when you are tired and 5 bucks says so is your lady, if you do the dishes before she even has to move, you will get lucky at least 75% of the time (sorry if that affends anyone) . Give her the chance to go shower and shave, OH to shave with out interruption! Amazing!!

3. Ladies, I know you are tired and just want to sleep, but since I have been running in the morning, I have had more energy, more patients and less break downs. I feel a whole lot better physically, emotionally and spiritually too. I'm not saying go crazy, just get up and move. 

4. Have a quiet time. I have had the opportunity to be able to get up before Andrew has to go to school, which means Easton is all his while I am running, then I feed Easton and he goes back down for a few more hours for the morning. I love listening to Joyce Meyer, she is so great, and God is teaching me a handful or things from this woman. 

5. Being tired doesn't mean you have an ugly attitude. LOVE YOUR HUBBY!! Even when you don't feel like he deserves it, he does because God calls us to love each other no matter the other persons attitude. Go out of your way for him and his heart, don't expect him to make you happy. Your happiness doesn't depend on your husband. Pray for happiness. But pray to show love to your spouse. 

6. Take up a hobby. I firmly believe that having an outlet outside of Easton and Andrew has helped me be a better mom and wife. I can go for a run and get rid of frustrations or paint and stop thinking about anger. Find what you are good at and do it. 

7. Back to happiness; kindness and goodness all go together. Learn that the devil wants you to be angry, he wants you to have a bad attitude. Don't give him a more credit than he already is given!! You don't need to be angry or short tempered!! Pray daily that God will allow you to stand tall against these temptation, you are strong enough to not fall for the Devils lies!! He's lying to you!! God will deliver you from it all if you allow him to, seek HIM with your whole heart!! 

8. Take pictures!! I love seeing over time how everyone in our little family has changed even in the last 3 months. Before we look young, now we don't look any different or older but we do have a different countenance and it shows through in us. It's beautiful!! 

9. Pray, ladies I cannot stress to you enough how well the day goes and how much better I can cope with it not going well when I aske for God's help!!! Pray with out ceasing!!! I'm not kidding 

10. This one is a hard one, your husband comes first before your baby, I know, I know, he's just a little guy and he needs you a lot, your marriage depends on you putting your husbands needs first. Which is super hard to balance, once again prayer is the only way to accomplish this with the right attitude and heart. It is not coming easy, but giving your man a few minutes of undivided attention will do wonders for you both!! Also the best peice of advice from another mother was continue to shave, doll yourself up!! Look nice!! He'll love it!! 

None of these little tid bits are things that I am overcome and am a pro at of course!! It takes time to figure things out when there is a life changing adventure!! Don't get overwhelmed, it really does help things!! 

Remember pray!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment