To my amazement, me being the planner that I am, I didn't read, " how to's" very often, if I had a question I looked it up, but for the most part we just went with the flow of things. Our Dr. Was great, sweet little thing with a loving personality. I remember one day I went to the appointment alone and we just started talking like old friends, then she asked if I had seen a really sweet YouTube video of a little baby who gets hearing aides for the first time and can finally hear. I told her no and so she looked it up right there and we watched it! Yes, I didn't tear up a bit but I was pregnant!! All those hormones going crazy in your body, I couldn't control a thing!
I had mentioned earlier that I wasn't ready to have a baby for a few reasons, first off, Andrew and I wanted to wait until we had been married two years...it was our plan, not God's but nonetheless I thought it was a pretty decent one. We had reasons too, we were just starting out in marriage, still learning quirks about each other, Andrew was still going to school, I felt incredibly young and too immature to become a mom.
But even with my hesitancy I have learned something very valuable from the women around me, also from Andrew and I having a short amount of precious alone time together. Before he became a dad, I was his, and before I became a mom, he was mine. We didn't have to work so hard at giving each other undivided attention. It was just us two sitting at the table and there wasn't a sweet little guy rolling around in a walker who we had to turn around because he ran out of room to scoot.
Remember this:
Ladies, the day will come when you are feeding children, trying to get them to bed, bathing then, trying to get them to stop crying, and you will barely notice when your hubby walks through the front door. When he enters the room you are so glad to see him, but the only expression he sees is exhaustion. The time he is home won't be filled with you two spending time together it will be filled with the duties of having a family.
There will come a day when you crawl into bed at the end of the day hardly being able to lift your head for a goodnight kiss, let alone anything else. You pray that you sleep sound enough that your husband hears the baby first instead of you. The things that attracted you to him before babies before marriage will become unnoticed in all the expectations of life.
Men, the day will come when your beautiful bride hasn't showered in days, she will be at a loss for why the baby is up again when he normally sleeps at that time. She will need to hear she is beautiful, even if she doesn't listen to you. She will want to know you still think she is funny and lovable even when she doesn't want to be funny and doesn't want to be touched at all. When your day was rough and long, her day was rough too. There will be times when she gets mad at you and blows it way out of proportion. Or dinner? What's dinner? There is milk in the fridge and cereal in the pantry. And we won't even discuss shaved legs.
Ladies, when you are being called mommy, remember your man.You were his wife first. Shave your legs, work to have a smile on your face when you see him. The man you said, "I do" to, the man who works so hard to proved for his beautiful family. His smile before the lack of sleep, the way he kisses you in the kitchen as your doing dishes. Remember his dedication to his family. Remember his devotion to you and the love that overflows for you. And when your day was bad and you are so tired and you just need a break, fall into his arms.
Man, Remember when your days are long, hers are too. Remember the love and care that is spilling over for your children. The love she has for you will not change, she's your girl. Give her grace to be enough even when she doesn't feel like she is. Remember her. Fall in love with her again.
Remember each other, push out the noise that clutters your mind for one moment. Remember the two that made your family. Fall on Jesus together. He will be your guide. When your days are long but the time seems to go by so slowing, He will be the reason you made it through together. Hold tightly to one another, His mercy will bind you together as one. This is our greatest adventure together as one, there is nothing better than going through parenthood with your best friend.
Look into the eyes one who your heart fell for. Hold tight to each other. May our words be sweet, prayers be many and our love grow stronger.

No comments:
Post a Comment