8.22.2015

My jamberry secrets

About 5 months ago I was introduced to Jamberry nail wraps and I totally loved them!! I loved that I didn't have to work super hard to have cute nails with patterns or flowers only to have them smudge about 10 minutes after finishing them. I loved how there is no drying time. I grew up doing nails and always told myself no matter how many kids I had when I grew up I would still maintain my nails, grow them and paint them. And Jamberrys made that easier for me to do. 
 
There is one down fall to these stylish little pieces of plastic...my nails are goofy. Here is a visual: when you look at my nails front to back the are oval looking and then from side to side they are the same. So when I put on a wrap they would always buckle up and this got really annoying to me. 

So first I'll show you how I fixed it and maybe this will help some of you. 

When you are at the point where you have the wrap ready to warm up in the tweezer take your scissors and make a slit diagonally from a front to the back: I cut from the top left corner about half way into the wrap downward. 
Heat it just like normal, place on your nail and apply from the back to the front, finish just like you normally would. It does sometime make a little ridge where the slit is but I found this easier to work with than a big bump. 

Here is one more little tip that helped me. I was having a hard time matching my nail size to the wrap and the cutting where I needed to and having it match up just right. So I did a little searching and found this little brilliant tip! 

1. Take scotch tape and place over the nail you are wrapping 

2. Then take a marker/pen and trace your nail bed 
Oh that's a gem 
I am not left handed if you couldn't tell :) 

3. Remove the tale and match it to the back side of the wrap that is best fitting 

4. Cut around the outline and then apply just as normal (right after you cut it out of the wrap set, this would be a good time to do the slit if you have funny shaped nails) 


The best nail I've ever done! 




No comments:

Post a Comment