8.25.2015

Strawberry pie

My grandmother taught me years ago how to make her strawberry pie, sadly this is not her pie crust recipe but I wanted to share it anyway. 

I wanted a crust that was a little sweeter so I looked around a bit and this it was I found: 

2 TB powdered sugar 
2TB milk 
1/2c oil 
1 1/2c flour 
1/2 tsp salt 
Mix the ingredients together in a bowl and transfer to a pie pan, push down with your fingers. Bake at 350* for 12-20 minutes 


Cut up your strawberries, I like them a little thinner but that's just preference. 

Now for the strawberry goodness. 
1c water 
1c sugar 
1 TB cornstarch 
Small box of strawberry jello 
And enough strawberries to heap a pie dish 

Mix water, sugar and cornstarch on medium heat until it is thickened and clear. 

When the crust is cool pile strawberries on it. 

Once the sugar mixture has cooled a little bit pour that on top of the strawberries. 

Enjoy topped with whipped cream! 



No comments:

Post a Comment