9.03.2015

My projects

I've been slowing adding to a honey do list since Andrew and I were married and we finally have the time to work on some of those projects!! 

My bigger project was for Andrew to make a family kitchen table for us, when we got married we bought a little square table that barely fit our plates and food on it altogether. But with our family growing and wanting to have people over, our tiny table wouldn't work anymore. So Andrew started working on my table today!!! 
I would like to point out that my husband is wearing cowboy boots, and looking mighty fine!!!! I couldn't hardly take my eyes off of him!! 

Anyway...this is the progress of our table!! 
Cutting, sanding and drilling it was so dusty in our living room but it was like 90* out today and yesterday so I figured dusting wouldn't kill me. 

Sporting my shooting earmuffs. 

Here is the almost finished product!! 
A bench is next to come, hopefully next week we can work on that. 

The other project we knocked out of the park this week was a mud room bench. With being pregnant and not being able to reach my feet nearly as well so my honey made me a bench. And it seemed a little silly to have a mud room and not be able to sit and take off your shoes. I love the idea of our homemade pieces of furniture being stained instead of painted and I am a huge fan of dark stain!! 

A childhood memory I have is if my papa out at the farm. On days when he would come into our house he would sit in the mud room on an old chair and cool off a bit. That's why every mud room should have a sitting place. 

My man getting our lumber! 


What a multitasking daddy! 





I love these gifts from Andrew!! It's so fun to have furniture we made together!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment