Because I'm getting married and wanting to seek God and have a Godly marriage, I have begun reading my fair share of "being a better wife" books.
Right now I am reading, "Created to be his help meet" which is a very good book on the role we have as a wife and a woman. We were born to be wives, but not just a wife. A good, joyful, virtuous, gracious, Godly wife.
"A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband" Proverbs 12:4
The author is discussing a letter she received from a woman about her husband who is seeking a emotional relationship with the secretary at work. She talks about how to win him back, be the fun happy, laughing girl he fell in love with. The secretary knows better, but make her see she isn't going to take your man, because she isn't woman enough to! Or so Debi Pearl (author) says.
I'm not sure if I a the only woman who does this, but usually when I read books that are supposed to be helping me be better at something, I get worse...worried or paranoid. Not worried or paranoid about Andrew, it's usually that I think, "I have been doing this for so long and it says I shouldn't be! I am terrible!" I start analyzing every detail or thing I say. Which is great when there is a reason for it...but awful when you just want to have a great relationship instead of good, or be a great fiancé/wife instead of good. I know that sometimes unrest is Gods way of showing us things we need to work on and pray about to seek His help, but when is it just too much?
I understand dressing up and putting makeup on to make him wow at you...I love doing that! It's just overwhelming sometimes! We are never done working on us, striving to be more like God and less like sin.

No comments:
Post a Comment