For those of you who read my post entitled "lots of time with Jesus" I feel as though I need to...uhh, well...revisit that topic.
I believe that God has a place for every person in the church body, I believe He calls us to follow Him and do what He has called us to do. I believe that God also makes us wise in being able to know how much we can or cannot take, mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
There are so many roads I could take with this topic but Ill share the two on my heart.
Like I had said before, I'm not sure where God wants me to serve Him, even though it is a bit more clear now, my thought is that as fellow Christians and as a young married couple, working alot and going to school, serving God but also being devoted to one another. I feel it is very important to pray and listen to where God wants us so that we don't get burnt out by people or the church. Just being honest, I love going to church and serving Jesus and being along side Andrew, but sometimes it's not pleasant, we are human and we sin, and still have issues with one another. It happens. But knowing me as we'll as I do, sometimes I quit and get burnt out....ok...I quit alot. Dance, tennis, gymnastics, piano....we're done there haha but most of those were a trial run, not I don't want a rial run with God, I want what He wants for me. Not what anyone else thinks I should be doing. Serving God shouldn't turn into peer pressure or manipulation, we serve God because we want to please God and obey Him. I want to do what God wants me to do in the church because I feel like that's where he wants me: just not sure where exactly
A friend of mine said today,
"God calls you to be a wife and love and support and pray for your husband, being there with him doing with him.
I just want to be a good Godly wife, I know that's where God wants me and I know with His help I can do well at it, but now I will wait on The Lord and see where He wants me and pray for the right words to say to people who don't understand or know.
I love that Andrew feels led to teach children about God and play with them, he heard the call pretty clearly, I heard the call to marry him and be his loving and faithful wife, so now I wait for God to talk to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment