Also not the point.
But in the midst of all this I started thinking back on the last three months of being married to a wonderful husband, but also a pastor...making me, well, a pastor's wife. At first I thought great! I'll go where he goes, do what he does and everything will be great.m
Nope....God doesn't really work that way.
So not too long ago I started feeling sort of lost...not scared lost, like a three year old at an amusement park: lost, just in a familiar amusement park but not sure which ride to go on next.
So as it goes for a pastor's wife, she must be involved just as much as her husband, be at every function, sing, play piano, teach a bible study, hold babies, comfort all ages, pray for her husband/ support him and continue to be this well put-together wife and possibly a mother....these things are all from my point of view...
Yes, I do feel called to the ministry, good thing cause I married a man who is as well.
But honestly....and bluntly....i don't want to feel obligated to do all those things every week, month, day, year...BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY I don't feel like God as called me to do all those things all the time. Which of course, people have their opinions. "Well why isn't she more involved? She should be here all the time, everyday." No, I've not had someone come right out and tell me that but they might as well have done that because, "so what are youuuu involved in at the church?" And the "ohhhh" didn't really shout we are so proud of you!
Haha really I'm not all that angry about it, but I do wish that people would understand or take 2 seconds to ask where I feel God is calling me to be. I mean I'm super new at this and even more new at being a wife, so why can't people just talk to me/us with out making us feel obligated to do something?
If I knew where God wanted me I could flat out tell people no!
But I don't really know...
Until tonight....
Counseling
Pray for me
No comments:
Post a Comment