Tonight we had a student wives meeting and my o' so kind husband walked me down to the house that I was at, all the way giving me a pep all haha. And before we left the house he pretended to be a lady and in a high pitched voice say, "hello Marissa, how are you tonight?" He does know how to make me laugh and not quite so nervous.
It's not that I'm that shy, I just don't know anyone, maybe just a few girls from staying up here while we were dating, but it's different now, we're married and i don't see them very often.
To my surprise and answer to prayers, the meeting went very good! I sat by two girls, one is the dean of student daughter, she is married and has kids, but it so nice and the other girl is our neighbor and and is also married and has a baby boy with one on the way! They both made me feel less awkward. I got to walk home with neighbor and got to know her a little more.
The whole time Andrew and I were walking together I just prayed that God would give me someone to sit by and people to talk to, oh He is so good to me.
When I got home Andrew was studying for a test he has Thursday. I have to say, it is one of the greatest feelings walking into your home to see your husband memorizing God's word. Ah it just made me love him so much! I even was able to help him for his test!
I am really happy to be here in La Grange with Andrew this year, no more of that separated by states and dates on weekend stuff, I want to stand by my man!

Great post. I am glad you are meeting new people and God is giving strength and courage to feel more comfortable around them. I hope you are having a good week!
ReplyDelete