How far would you go to keep your hair healthy ladies? Especially if you knew it would get really damaged if you didn't go to extra measures to keep it healthy.
Well hard water is really hard on a persons hair, especially someone who already colors it! So as a result of moving to Wyoming, Andrew had to give me an emergency hair cut. Which he didn't do bad on at all! My hair was breaking at the ends!
Ya know when you're bored and you are looking at all your split ends and snipping them off? I didn't even have to snip or look, all I had to do was move around and my shirt was covered in the nasty little stragglers!
So what I read happens to your hair with hard water is that when you wash your hair with shampoo it get sit clean, but you have to rinse it and that's when it gets coated with harsh minerals and then the conditioner can't do it's job properly. The minerals coat the hair shaft and prevent the conditioner from penetrating the hair cuticle.
Uh ohhh, this is a problemo! Your hair gets dry and brittle and well..starts breaking off. So I figured I'd start by not washing it every day and not using so much heat, more braids and cute buns less curliness. Then when I do need to wash it, fill an old milk jug up with good water from CO on the weekends and wash it with that water. Lastly I use a few Matrix products while its drying to strengthen my hair and a leave in conditioner.
Sheeesh...it sounds very ridiculous I know, but I have been putting a lot of effort into growing my hair out not for it to break off into tiny little pieces! So hopefully it works and I will have luscious shiny healthy hair!
No comments:
Post a Comment