In our minds these guys did everything right, they were our young idea of a perfect man, most of the time the were based on the men in our lives at the time: fathers, brothers...but usually it based on the Disney movie we watched or Ever After (not my favorite)
Andrew and I have been married for almost two years, I would love to say it has been blissful, full of romance and aimer (love, yes I wanted to a fancy French word for love) but not everyday was this way, Andrew hasn't saved me from a burning building, an orphanage, or the mean step mother we would pretend we had.
He has done more. so much more.
Lately the topic of the majority of our conversations has been where we are going after Andrew is done with school. Its usually not a light topic. It consists of tons of possibilities, what if's, this could happen, we may need too's and so many other light gray areas. The only black and white answer we have received has been a, "no." Which is great, we have something to go off of now.
Just some back ground info. I have lived in one house for about 19 years of my life, once my parents moved I moved with them. Since they moved I have lived in 5 different homes since I graduated, most of these were because it was our decision. When I was living with my parents I could paint and have a creative side with my room. Then when I moved out on my own, I lived in their rental home, it needed a good coat of paint in some rooms, so that's what I did. I loved to add my own touch. It made it feel like home. Since we have gone to school we have lived in school homes for the most part. God has blessed us with these homes and the ability to bounce around for the reasons we did. But now I am SO ready to be in a place of my own.
But that may not be a possibility. We may live in an apartment, or someone else's home. The answer is gray.
"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."- 1 Peter 4:8
I have always felt like I have been deaf, what I mean is, I have such a hard time knowing whether God has answered me or not, I don't feel like I hear Him. It can be just as hard as being truly deaf, although I wouldn't know. So during this whole time I have really struggled. I have heard His no's but when will I know if I hear a YES?
Well luckily God has blessed me with a husband who tries to, "be still," and listen to God, he seeks Him in his prayers, in his life.
During the course of the conversation, we came to the realization that we are done trying to push for black or white, God will give it to us in His time.
I am a huge fanatic of Pride and Prejudice, Anne of Greene Gables and so on, ask you can imagine, these movies can create a lofty view of love, romance, a general idea of a man or a woman.
"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." - Ecclesiastes 4:12
Cord 1 Cord 2 Cord 3
GOD Andrew Marissa Its very encouraging that we cannot be easily broken when God is in our cord.
When my friend and I would play house, we played just like every other girl, with the idea of the trouble people have, more drama than real life, We were farm girls, the only drama we knew was a cow getting out, a chicken coup burning down, a cow dragging us around the yard....
Im not saying that I have this amazing revelation of what love and marriage is, but it the Bible gives us help! God knew what I needed in a husband better than I could have ever known...so why would this be any different in where he places us, whether we see the things as black, white or gray, He is still with us, helping us along the way.....
"Be completely humble and gentle; Be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace."- Ephesians 4:2-3
I love when God knows that Andrew and I need time to talk and be together. (usually Easton goes to sleep around 10, last night a zonked out at 8) God used Andrew to remind me that us that, He has a plan, he wont give up on us, he wont let us fall out of his perfect plan if we keep seeking Him with our whole hearts.
Andrew didn't say these thing word for word, but this is what I got from it.
It has been so good for my heart to be reminded of what God intends for a real marriage and intends for our lives. Everyday I see ways that God has blessed us, if I look for them, and not dwell on the negatives.
From my heart to yours. Marriage isn't easy, life isn't easy, its not all laid out for us, in our view, HIS plans can change for us just like a woman's mind can change on what to wear for the day. Keep your heart close to the Lord's and he will bless and encourage you, even when you don't know it...or the answer seems gray...remember God is BLACK and WHITE. No in betweens.
"For I know the plans I have for you, 'Declare The Lord,' plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."- Jeremiah 29:11
Besides, Andrew is better than Mr. Darcy could ever be!


Great Post! Love that photo
ReplyDelete