Even though they are long and can be kind of twinky...they are wholesome and teach some great lessons that are completely fading away, lessons I Want my nieces to know and someday our kids.
Working hard, compassion, saying prayers before bedtime, love, honesty, studying hard, manors, politeness, respect, having a face to face conversation....
Yes we are old fashioned, we don't mind it at all.
But I do wonder, why are all these things flying out the window? Why do parents not make and teach their children to be polite and work hard and be respective and respectful? Why is it not being taught how God wants us to live and how to serve him?
We aren't parents so we don't know what we will be like when the time comes, but I pray that we will have this same attitudes and the same standards as we have been raised with.
There are so many bible verses that talk about how parents should raise their kids, what to do and what not to do. And there are just as many for kids too, on hour to act and respecting your parents. I don't want to be giving advice on how to raise kids because obviously I don't have any and I know nothing about it personally. I do feel like my parents raised us very well and their methods worked for us even when they failed and tried again. They sought after Gods wisdom and had faith that we would walk with The Lord...no matter how old fashioned it is.
"Children obey your parents in The Lord, for this pleases Him" Colossians 3:30
"Children obey your parents in The Lord for this is right. Honor your father and mother, that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land. Fathers do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline of The Lord"
Ephesians 6;1-4
"Hear, my son, your fathers instruction and forsake not your mothers teaching"
Proverbs1:8
"Train up a child in the way that he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it"
Proverbs 22:6
"Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline."
Proverbs 13:24
No comments:
Post a Comment